So here's the thing. I haven't blogged since November, and the first thing to strike my fancy to blog about is EGGS.
I love eggs. I pretty much will eat them any way possible, but also I hard boil a dozen every week and I take two for breakfast at work and occasionally will snack on a lone one when I want to eat and shouldn't really be eating anything because eating is my crutch. I used to not be able to hard boil eggs and it was very sad and I bought a bag of pre-cooked eggs every week because can't get enough of them, even if I can't make them. But then came the Instant Pot, and seriously I'd buy it again if it broke because it is my savior for HB eggs.
The thing is, though, it's still a temperamental thing to make. My method is 6 minutes steam, quick release, ice bath and peel. All immediate. If I accidentally forget about them and they natural release, the yolk is overcooked and green. If I forget about them after the ice bath and they aren't shocked enough, the shells don't come off as easy. I basically have to stay in the kitchen from the time they come to pressure to finished product. Which, I can do. I can clean it or rewash whatever dishes my husband tried to wash (they'll still be greasy in the drainer), pick up the kids' desk, clean out the fridge. For 10 minutes every week I'm a prisoner in my kitchen.
Worth it.
1 comment:
I personally don't like hard boiled eggs, but, like you, my husband makes a dozen a week. And he uses the Instant Pot too and LOVES IT. He says the eggs are so easy to peel! I find the Instant Pot super intimidating, so when my daughter and I boiled eggs for Easter, I used the old fashioned method. And I followed America's Test Kitchen's recipe, because they are never wrong. Well. Apparently the yolks were a little undercooked AND the peels did NOT come off. So. Instant Pot it is.
Post a Comment