It used to be that I always finished every book I
started, whether I liked it or not. Then, it was that life was too short to
read bad books, but I still finished books that I didn’t necessarily like but
were well respected authors, etc. Then it was, if I don’t like it – I don’t
read it. Make peace with what you don’t want to read.
So that usually is fine for me, and I usually get through
99% of what I start but JEEZ. Lately I just can’t get into reading, so I have
about 5 books that I’ve started and haven’t finished, not because I don’t want
to read them but because I can’t bring myself to sit and read.
For October, I have 16 books on my list. Of those, three
I willfully abandoned (two because they were downright terrible, and 1 because
I am coming to terms with not liking Stephen King. Possibly also his son too).
But then there are another three that I’ve started and can’t get myself to
finish because sitting and reading is not working for me. I’ve listened to five
audiobooks, 1 being a reread (I love rereads).
So yes, as I look at my list – I still read ten books in
October. That’s a lot. But so much time has been spent just staring off into
space or messing around on my phone and not reading on purpose because I just
didn’t feel like it.
Hopefully November is better.
(Currently reading)


1 comment:
Ever since I started reading Audiobooks I've had trouble actually reading. It used to bother me, but Audiobooks are so convenient when I'm doing something that doesn't require my complete focus (cleaning, eating, driving (that sounds bad, doesn't it?)). Am I just getting lazy?
Post a Comment