I’ve done pretty good on my no-buy lately, although I
have to admit that I haven’t been keeping track as well as I should.
5/8 I thought about flowers for my mom but they were unrealistic
since she drives a scooter so I didn’t end up getting anything until early
Sunday morning when I took myself to Walgreens and got chocolates etc for her
and my sister. $35. Doing this earlier in the week probably would have been
cheaper.
I know that C spent a bit of money getting foodstuff for
hanging out at his parents’ house for Mother’s Day but I’m choosing to ignore
those expenses as reasonable and necessary. Food=good.
Other than making sure I had wine and beer in the
house when I went grocery shopping, I haven’t bought anything else. I've THOUGHT about buying things, and one night I even dreamt I bought a bunch of things on Amazon but I have not done so.
So. Mother’s Day! I have been fraught with anxiety and
thinking about Mother’s Day took me over the edge on Friday and I went home to
lay down for three hours and eat cheap macaroni and cheese. I made some
decisions though, and on Sunday I carried them out. I made overnight French toast
and left explicit instruction on baking so that I could sleep in. I am
incapable of sleeping in and rose at 6:53a, but I tried and they tried which is
all that mattered.
I got several hours with my family, and then the boys and I
packed up and headed to the hospital with my mom to spend some time with new
baby and my sister. That again ended up being a lot of nonsense, but I did get
to see new baby and my sister for 10 minutes and the boys were uncommonly good
at the hospital. At exactly when I said we needed to leave, we headed home,
dropped off my mom and spent the rest of the day at my inlaws’ house eating
fried chicken and Cubans and eight million chips and veggies soaked in ranch.
It was a good time.
(side note because I just reread my last post: C took the
boys shopping for me for MD and I said “I want bath stuff and/or chocolate” and
got my bath bombs. I went for direct. Score!)
My anxiety came back with a rush around 5pm, but since we
had taken two cars to my inlaws’ house I packed myself home for a quiet moment
and a bath before everyone else came home. We might need to do that every time
we go anywhere; it was so freeing to say “whelp, this was lovely but I’ve had
enough and ciao!” without waiting for everyone else to be ready to go.
Monday we found out that S made the AllStar team and that
is exciting! But wow, expensive. (I’m not really surprised but there was a
slight bit of sticker shock still) We had wanted him to find out when they called
his name at closing ceremonies but then practice started this week and he had
to be told. However, he went through practice and didn’t understand that he was
on the Allstars, he just thought they were letting him practice with them so
that was a little amusing.
AllStars puts a slight crimp in our vacation plans as
regionals is the same weekend we planned to leave, but we’ll end up spending
the weekend at a hotel in the city of the tournament and then leaving direct
from there Sunday night. Now that we have specifics on when practice and games
are, we’ll be able to actually plan vacation and other things that come up. I
love actually being able to plan.
No comments:
Post a Comment