Thursday, February 9, 2012

My four-year old



I meant to be a good mommy blogger and write a whole long touching post about this wonderful little boy that would upload on its own at 3:44am, the moment four years ago yesterday that he came into my life.

Needless to say, I'm just not a good mommy blogger.

Sunday we had a huge party (36 adults and 16 kids) at the park. We did a cookout and cake and presents and the kids played tag in the field and played on the playground. It was a lot of fun, and I think he had a lot of fun which was the point really. I felt like an under-achiever because the first birthday at the pavilion next to us had a bounce house and a clown that did face painting and a pinata ... But my kid doesn't like any of those things. He likes to play with his friends, and he did so I'm counting it a very successful party.


He also got a new bike, which he took home and immediately rode over the neighbor kid's bike ramp while I ran after him desperately with his helmet. He's a huge fan of the bike.


We have been spacing out the opening from the packaging if his 1,871 presents, so now every day when he comes home he asks what he can open and I keep putting off the boxes of play dough and hungry hippos. Those might be tonight.


Wednesday, his actual birthday, I sent him off to daycare with a "birthday boy" ribbon and a dozen cupcakes. That night we went to one of his favorite places (the mall) and ate at one of his favorite restaurants (Red Robin) with most of his grandparents and my brother and they sang to him and gave him a hit fudge sundae. Big hit.


So my baby is four. This is crazy to me, and i'm amazed every day at how smart he is, and funny and inquisitive and, okay, sometimes crazy annoying. But so lovable, and such a good big brother and such a wonderful little man.


Okay, so I got a little sappy. Happy birthday, Spencer! My first boy.


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.4

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Aww.. it's a great post though.

It's hard for me to believe he's 4 already. I know I've never met him in person, but I feel like I'm watching him grow up a little here.